Mirroring cvs archives

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue Nov 4 11:29:38 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:25:18PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:02:50PM -0800, jw schultz wrote:
> > If full consistency is wanted there may be a file you can check before
> > and after the rsync to see if anything changed and then do a resync.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking that rsyncing the $CVSROOT/CVSROOT directory first
> (before transferring anything else) and then again at the end should
> tell you if something got committed during the transfer by noticing if
> the history file gets updated.  If it has changed, rerun the sync of the
> non-CVSROOT dirs until the history file is finally quiescent.

Shouldn't need to break it up.

If the history file (or another single file) is enough:

	Starthist=`ls -l $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/history`
	curhist=""

	while [ "$Starthist" != "$curhist" ]
	do
		rsync .....
		curhist=`ls -l $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/history`
	done

If not you can test the directory.
	ls -l $CVSROOT/CVSROOT >$TMPFILE.start
	touch $TMPFILE.test

	until diff -q $TMPFILE.start $TMPFILE.test >/dev/null
	do
		rsync .....
		ls -l $CVSROOT/CVSROOT >$TMPFILE.test
	done