Interactive Rsync Authentication Problem

Andrew Klein andy at progress.com
Thu May 29 03:26:17 EST 2003

I believe J.W. Schultz replied to this but I lost it since
I was not yet fully subscribed to the list. He rightly suggested
that the a portable getpass() would be non-trivial.  An alternate
suggestion though:  Solaris has a getpassphrase() call that
returns up to 256 chars.  The configure script could check if
the function exists and do an appropriate #define.  Then authenticate.c
can be made a bit be smarter in a generally portable way.