BUG: logging on the wrong side with 2.5.6

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue Mar 11 19:34:12 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:20:07AM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Mon 10 Mar 2003, Stefan Nehlsen wrote:
>

> > I have upgraded an rsyncd Server to 2.5.6.
> >
> > When I upload files using
> >
> > 	rsync -rv --stats --progress /bla/content/ webmaster at webserver::bla
> >
> > I noticed that the client was relative quite while lots of lines listing
> > directory names are or deleting files show up in the rsyncd log:
>
> Well, the receiving side of an rsync session is the only one that knows
> about what files are being deleted. The sending side can show progress
> info on files being sent, because it's actually sending them (duh :-).
> So I don't see how the logging about what's being deleted could be
> changed in this case.

It is the receiver that logs file transfers, sending that
info back to the client if needed so that wouldn't be a
problem.  The problem is that logging currently doesn't
report what is being done so if deletes were added to the
log (in a non -vv scenario) they would be indistinguishable
from updates.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt