BUG: logging on the wrong side with 2.5.6

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Mar 11 19:20:07 EST 2003

On Mon 10 Mar 2003, Stefan Nehlsen wrote:

> I have upgraded an rsyncd Server to 2.5.6.
>
> When I upload files using
>
> 	rsync -rv --stats --progress /bla/content/ webmaster at webserver::bla
>
> I noticed that the client was relative quite while lots of lines listing
> directory names are or deleting files show up in the rsyncd log:

Well, the receiving side of an rsync session is the only one that knows
about what files are being deleted. The sending side can show progress
info on files being sent, because it's actually sending them (duh :-).
So I don't see how the logging about what's being deleted could be
changed in this case.

Paul Slootman