@ERROR access denied

Hardy Merrill hmerrill at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 08:08:24 EST 2003

If anyone else has any ideas, please chime in, as I'm
getting to the end of my list of things to try.  The
server is a SCO box and the client is a RH8 box.

Hugh, let's go back to the beginning - in your first
message, you stated:
-----------------------
In the above example "fisdev" is an SCO OSR5.0.4 system with rsync
V2.5.5 that I have downloaded as source and compiled. The daemon
was started from a root command line session. "pgiprd" is a RH8
system with rsync V2.5.5 as supplied by Red Hat. The daemon has
been started via xinetd.
-----------------------

You say that the deamon was started from a root command line
session, which to me means something like 'rsync --daemon'.
Then you say that the daemon was started via xinetd.  Which
way have you been using going through these iterations?

I forgot about your 'xinetd' statement, so in all my
testing on this I've been using a server started from
a root command line session - 'rsync --daemon'.  If you've
been running your server the same way (rsync --daemon), then
I'm about out of ideas - it works for me, but not for you.
I don't have a SCO box to test on.

Hardy