Error on Solaris 9 (2.5.5)

Michael Carter mikec at aviate.org
Sat Sep 7 22:16:00 EST 2002

Thanks, Tim...that was the issue.

I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that ssh--and therefore rsync--would glean the
user's path from the appropriate dot script. Since I (the user in question) use
bash, I figured that ssh/rsync would know to get the path from .bash_login.
Evidentally it's not working that way.

I used the --rsync-path switch and things work nicely now. :)

Thanks to everyone for their input!!

#mikec