rsync 2.5.4 on win2k machine

Raviraj Murdeshwar rmurdeshwar at siebel.com
Thu Mar 21 12:00:20 EST 2002

David,

I have downloaded rsync through 'cygwin' package and i am trying to use it
as following in DOS command prompt on windows 2000 machine.

For testing purpose,I am trying to copy some bat files from my machine to a
another machine 'bitserver' as follows:

D:\tmp>rsync -rcv *.bat \\bitserver\tmp
building file list ... done
automate.bat
bitlab11.auto.bat
bitlab11xx.bat
bitwait.bat
ccv.bat
db2ref.bat
dbr.bat
dbref.bat
dbreftmp.bat
iis.bat
test.bat
read error: Connection reset by peer

i am getting "read error: Connection reset by peer"

is there any rsync setup required to make it work ?
is it supposed to work with command prompt Or with ONLY cygwin ?

I checked "/usr/doc/Cygwin" rsync README file but it just tells me about
compiling.
i tried to compile even the latest rsync 2.5.4 source,  but got following
error:
========
> make
Please ignore warnings below about mktemp -- it is used in a safe way
gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -o rsync rsync.o generator.o
recei
ver.o cleanup.o sender.o exclude.o util.o main.o checksum.o match.o
syscall.o lo
g.o backup.o options.o flist.o io.o compat.o hlink.o token.o uidlist.o
socket.o
fileio.o batch.o clientname.o params.o loadparm.o clientserver.o access.o
connec
tion.o authenticate.o lib/fnmatch.o lib/compat.o lib/snprintf.o lib/mdfour.o
lib
/permstring.o lib/inet_ntop.o lib/inet_pton.o lib/getaddrinfo.o
lib/getnameinfo.
o zlib/deflate.o zlib/infblock.o zlib/infcodes.o zlib/inffast.o
zlib/inflate.o z
lib/inftrees.o zlib/infutil.o zlib/trees.o zlib/zutil.o zlib/adler32.o
popt/fin
dme.o  popt/popt.o  popt/poptconfig.o popt/popthelp.o popt/poptparse.o
Warning: resolving _h_errno by linking to __imp__h_errno (auto-import)
fu000001.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `templib_a_iname'
nmth000000.o(.idata$4+0x0): undefined reference to `_nm__h_errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rsync] Error 1
========

thanks ..