new rsync release needed soon?

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 31 15:06:03 EST 2002

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:21:49AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> > There's just one more change I would like to put in, which is partially
> > rolling back the IPv6 patch so that it uses the old code, unmodified,
> > if --disable-ipv6 is specified.

There was another patch that I thought was needed with all the timeout
problems people have been seeing with large files -- the patch that
Stefan Nehlsen sent a few months back.  I modified it to work with the
latest CVS version, tested it, and checked it in.  From my reading of
the patch, I think it has a very low chance of screwing anything up.
If others disagree, I can back it out and we can put it in later.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> The patch that I'd most like to see get in JD Paul's patch for using SSH
> and daemon mode together.  We still don't have an agreement on what the
> syntax should be.  I think the combination of -e ssh and :: which he
> implemented is the most understandable syntax and we should just go with
> it.

I'd be glad to check that in and if there is still disagreement over the
syntax, we can change it in CVS.  I'll look at this next.

Talking syntax reminds me of another patch that I think should go in:
the one that makes rsync accept rsync:// syntax in the destination, not
just the source.  Anyone disagree with that?