rsync from Windows and Linux over ssh

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Wed Jul 31 09:05:02 EST 2002

Does it copy anything?  Does ssh to that box work fine?  I assume you're
running openssh on cygwin on w2k.  The "unexpected EOF" message can come
from many different kinds of problems on the remote end.

I don't know if the ssh version will be a problem or not, but personally I
have stayed away from openssh 3.4 on all platforms because it has had a lot
of problems with the new privilege separation mode.  Instead, I applied the
simple security fix that was posted to www.openssh.com to openssh 3.2.

- Dave