problems preserving permissions -

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Mon Jul 29 08:13:38 EST 2002

Andrew:  You have set the UID to "nobody".  Rsync is not exempt from the
unix security model.  If you want to be able to preserve UID/GID, you will
have to use UID "root" (which will allow GID to be ignored).
Yeah, that is a security issue, but less than if "nobody" were free of
security restraints.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917 office, 3039210301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Andrew <andrew at eon.com.au>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org