*****SPAM***** Re: rsync from Windows and Linux over ssh

Randy Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Mon Jul 29 10:43:35 EST 2002

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: Hit! (2.0 points)  Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found 31.1.92.209.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.4]
SPAM: Hit! (3.0 points)  DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

S Peram wrote:
> "unexpected EOF in read_timeout".
> I'm running Openssh 3.4p1
> I tried to find info on the archives but they seem not
> related to this specific problem.
> I'd appreciate if any of you gurus help in this issue.

I've had that problem with what I consider large files (640 MB ISOs).

You might checkout these pages:

   * http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/RsyncingALargeFile
   * http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/RsyncingALargeFileBeginner

"An "unexpected EOF on read_timeout" error often indicates something is
taking too much time on the server. Don't specify the -c option, don't
rsync more than one large file in a single rsync command, etc."

Randy Kramer