Linux and Solaris performance

Daniel Veillard daniel at veillard.com
Wed Jul 17 12:25:52 EST 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:35:52PM -0400, Dave North wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> DN: Sorry, I forgot to mention.  NONE of the files exist on the target
> machine (that is, it's a straight copy)...there is no realy sync'ing (in
> the true sense of the word) to be done for each file.

  Then the reason is that metadata filesystem operations on linux
filesystems are quite faster than on Solaris. You can see the same
effect when exploding a tar archive on a filesystem on both system.

  Considered normal :-)

Daniel

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/