bug reporting.. bugzilla

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Wed Dec 11 16:35:00 EST 2002

I disagree that the number of rsync bugs is too low to bother tracking
in a bug tracking system.  I think that a lot of things have been posted
that are genuine bugs but have been forgotten about because none of the
developers have had the time to track them.  If bug reports were all
dealt with quickly I agree there'd be no need for a bug tracking system,
but that's not the case for rsync.  I think it would be a good idea to
have a bugzilla system set up for rsync, especially if we can get some
volunteers to watch the system and make determinations about all the
reports that are put in.  I think it would also help to forward all
messages put into the system to the rsync developers' mailing list.
Having a well-maintained FAQ would also be valuable, to keep the noise
put into the bug tracking system down.

- Dave