rsync] Re: bug reporting.. bugzilla

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Dec 9 05:16:01 EST 2002

On  9 Dec 2002, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:

> Really a better FAQ editor process seems more useful.  Isn't
> this the purpose of a CVS and commit privileges -- set up one
> or more trusted editors with rights, and delegate that aspect.

Anybody who wants to maintain the FAQ-O-Matic already has the
necessary access.  If somebody starts working on it and feels that CVS
would be more appropriate then of course we can switch to that.

> For the last year, I have acted as editor on the RPM website;
> there is also an open editorial mailing list, and provided
> content (dreadfully little) gets slotted in.
>
> I monitor all the mailing lists in the area (five primary
> ones) and watch for common questions or misunderstandings
> which are well answered end up summarized and on the site.  I
> particularly look for the postings by the lead maintainer and
> a few others for the 'nuggets' -- the answers float by and may
> be picked out of the stream and tossed up on the riverbank of
> a FAQ

Yes, that's the process I had in mind.  It's just a matter of some set
of people finding the time and motiviation to do it.

--
Martin