Help ....rsync on TRu64 UNIX V5.1 Installation problem ....

DYadav at docklands.vic.gov.au DYadav at docklands.vic.gov.au
Sun Aug 18 19:56:01 EST 2002

hi fellows,
I tried to install rsync as root user on my TRU64 UNIX V5.1 box.
configure script worked fine .
make failed with following errors given below.

can somebody help me. I really need this tool to work.

after giving command  which cc
#/usr/bin/cc

thanks in adance.

cc -I. -I. -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./popt -c lib/permstring.c -o
lib/permstring.o
cc -I. -I. -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./popt -c lib/getaddrinfo.c -o
lib/getaddrinfo.o
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 180: In this statement, "EAI_MAX" is not
decl
ared. (undeclared)
        if (ecode < 0 || ecode > EAI_MAX)
---------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 262: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS"
is not
 declared. (undeclared)
                        ERR(EAI_BADHINTS); /* xxx */
------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 263: In this statement, "AI_MASK" is not
decl
ared. (undeclared)
                if (hints->ai_flags & ~AI_MASK)
---------------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 297: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS"
is not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                ERR(EAI_BADHINTS);      /*xxx*/
--------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 303: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS"
is not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                ERR(EAI_BADHINTS);      /*xxx*/
--------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 353: In this statement, "EAI_PROTOCOL"
is not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                        ERR(EAI_PROTOCOL);      /*xxx*/
----------------------------------------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.

regards,

Dharmendra Yadav
DBA/Business Analyst
Phone : + 61 9628 4420
Mobile: +61 412 456 477

                    Visit Victoria's New Waterfront @ http://www.docklands.com

                   This document and any following pages are intended solely for
                   the  named  addressee, are confidential and may be subject to
                   legal   or  other  professional  privilege.  The  copying  or
                   distribution  of  them  or  any  information they contain, by
                   anyone  other  than the addressee, is prohibited. If you have
                   received  this  document  in  error,  please  let  us know by
                   telephone,  and  then return it by mail to the address above.
                   Any  confidentiality  or  privilege  is  not  waived  or lost
                   because this has been sent to you by mistake.