[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.2.0pre2 released
wayne at opencoder.net
Mon Jun 15 19:23:21 UTC 2020
I have made rsync 3.2.0pre2 available for testing. I got some nice
feedback on a couple items in the pre1 release, so I decided to roll up
that with a few other changes and release pre2.
I'm hopeful that this will end up being the version that gets released as
3.2.0, so please give it a try! Send feedback via email to the rsync
mailing list. Bugs can be created via bugzilla tickets, github issues, or
discussed on the mailing list.
The changes since pre1:
- Renamed the "haproxy header" daemon parameter "proxy protocol".
- Added preliminary gnutls support to rsync-ssl script (it's not
auto-discovered yet due to a bug in gnutls-cli that is being reported
- Some manpage & .md-file improvements, particularly around
non-breakable spaces and dashes.
- Make more error messages mention if the receiver or the sender is
- Made a couple rrsync updates.
- Document in rsyncd.conf.5 how to setup an SSL/TLS rsyncd proxy from
haproxy or nginx.
- Various release script improvements and fixes.
To see a summary of all the changes since 3.1.3, visit this link:
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory is in a separate tar file (for those that want one or
more of the patches):
See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, etc.:
See also rsync on github:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rsync-announce