[clug] CalDAV or WebDAV, whatever

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Jan 17 12:03:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-17 18:07, Andrew Janke via linux wrote:
> I'd suggest your own nextcloud/owncloud server that your home computer and
> phone connects to.

I started looking at this option, I do have a 24x7 server running at home.
Today I attempted to set up radicale as a CalDAV server but it is not playing
nice with thunderbird (probably my bad setup).

Anyway. I do all my scheduling on the phone, then sync to windows (linux soon)
primarily(*1) as a backup. I can migrate my outlook calendar using an ics file.

In a pinch I can abandon the sync idea and just export my phone calendar as ics
for backup (periodically) and offline use using thunderbird lightning (when required).

(*1) but at times I need to schedule a list of events and it is much easier to
copy/paste the events into the calendar on a desktop.

Eyal at Home (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)