[clug] Gnome3 & Switching between programs

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Sun May 26 12:29:40 UTC 2019

I am a very mouse oriented user - keyboards are for entering text, not
interacting with the desktop.

I set up 9 virtual desktops:
Internet, Games, Data, Graphics, Development, Test, System,
Entertainment, and Documentation
I then use a "Focus follows Mouse" to activate the desired program
after using a menu to select the desktop.
I am using Gnome classic which has a task bar, so I can also select
them from there.

There is the Activities window, but in practice I never need it since
Gnome classic has an applications menu.

Brenton