[clug] Gnome3 & Switching between programs

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sun May 26 11:54:14 UTC 2019

Hi George:

> How do people switch between programs?

I click the Show Applications grid-icon button. It's at the bottom of
the left panel in Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.

> Consider the following situation.
>

> Within the same Workspace using two monitors: 6 terminal windows, 6
> instances of Firefox with approx 10 pages loaded each, 4 virtual
> machine windows, 6 instances of a Text editor, 1 or 2 graphic editing
> programs, a chat program, and maybe a few other programs.

Scatterbrain--get some sleep!

> What is the best method for switching between these applications?

Identify the most urgent task. Complete it. Then shut down its
application. Repeat.

> I have to admit that even a task bar has trouble being effective.

I thought that a committee of eight lawyers--was less effective than one!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/