[clug] Slides from June 2019 meeting

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:19:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,

On Sat, 29 Jun. 2019, 21:33 George at Clug via linux, <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> But I guess there are things you cannot easily use containers for? If
> it were possible I would love to see a demo (that I can follow along
> with) on how to containerise a Minecraft server. But I don't think a
> Minecraft server is written to be containerised.

You don't need to write a server to be containerised, its just a restricted
set of processes.  You expose services on a port by port basis.  There are
some things you have to account for, but you can mostly run anything you
want.

I might start writing an intro to docker talk and see how it goes, Steve
will have to bug me for a timeframe.

Thanks,
Brad