[clug] Slides from June 2019 meeting

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 13:52:01 UTC 2019

I've used docker containers to fire up an instance of the MTS operating
system, running on an IBM 3090. It uses hercules as the emulator. It's a
bit painful, available as shocking/mts-3090 on the docker repo. See
https://github.com/stephen-hocking/Michigan-Terminal-System-Dockerfile .
Scary stuff, but it works.

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 at 21:49, George at Clug via linux <
linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> ooh, interesting, very interesting. Thanks.
>

> On Saturday, 29-06-2019 at 21:38 Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
>

> On 29/6/19 9:33 pm, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> > But I guess there are things you cannot easily use containers for?
> If
> > it were possible I would love to see a demo (that I can follow along
> > with) on how to containerise a Minecraft server. But I don't think a
> > Minecraft server is written to be containerised.
>

> to grossly mis-quote a large mobile phone company, there's a docker
> for
> that - https://hub.docker.com/r/itzg/minecraft-server/
>

> --

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn
  Those to whom evil is done
  Do evil in return"		W.H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"