[clug] June 2019 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sat Jun 29 11:25:55 UTC 2019

Bryan

This is the mailing list for CLUG. The C in CLUG is for "Canberra", this
means we try to embrace and be inclusive to people from all over the
region who share a common interest. This is not a learning environment
dedicated solely for you to further your knowledge within one of your
chosen hobbies.

CLUG has always been unashamedly technical in our talk topics. This does
not mean that beginners are not welcome, far from it. We welcome people
who seek to further their knowledge and understanding, but we do expect
a minimum standard of behavior from them while doing do.

Your behavior at the talk on Thursday, in previous meetings, and
currently on the mailing list, is unwarranted and is both offensive and
insulting to those involved, so much so that finding people willing to
speak at meetings is becoming increasingly difficult.

If you continue to behave in this manner, CLUG will be introducing a
Code of Conduct that will apply to attendees at all events organised
under the CLUG banner, including Beersig, Monthly meetings, and any
postings to the CLUG mailing list.

If the talks at CLUG are not to your liking, the PCUG Linux SIG has
regular meetings at various times during the day, their information can
be found http://www.pcug.org.au/wp/member-services-2/calendar/

Youtube, a video hosting site run by google, also has some very good
instructional videos on using the plethora of applications available on
Linux.

regards