[clug] Member Moderation - Bryan Kilgallin

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 3 23:19:54 UTC 2019

Steve wrote:

> To help limit this from re-occurring in future, I've also done a first
> pass at a Code of Conduct for CLUG. This can be found online at
> https://gitlab.com/clug-au/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CodeOfConduct,
> and feedback is welcome.

It scores well under the recommended minimum of 60 on the Flesch scale.

{Flesch Reading Ease: 	27.02

List of sentences that we suggest you consider rewriting to improve
readability:

     Here are some examples of behaviours that have occurred at past
events which are not appropriate: * offensive verbal or written remarks
related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance,
body size, race or religion; * sustained disruption of talks or other
events; * sexist, racist, or other exclusionary jokes; * deliberate
attempts to misdirect email threads to non-relevant or non-related
topics; * unwarranted exclusion from monthly meeting or related events
based on age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical
appearance, body size, race, religion; Examples of behaviours that are
also not appropriate include; * intoxication at an event venue; * sexual
or violent images in public spaces (including presentation slides); *
deliberate intimidation; * stalking or following; * unwanted photography
or recording; * inappropriate physical contact; * unwelcome sexual
attention; We want everyone to have a good time at our events.
     Should event organisers or moderators consider it appropriate,
measures they may take include: * the individuals may be told to
apologise * the individuals may be told to stop/modify their behaviour
appropriately * the individuals may be warned that enforcement action
may be taken if the behaviour continues * the individuals may be asked
to immediately leave the venue and/or will be prohibited from continuing
to attend the event * the individuals may be moderated on email lists
organised by, owned by or provided to CLUG.
     CLUG aims to provide a fun, welcoming and professional environment
so that diverse groups of people — regardless of age, race, gender
identity or expression, background, disability, appearance, sexuality,
walk of life, or religion — can get together to learn from and be
inspired by each other about all things Free and Open Source.
     Any public presentation which is part of any event, including but
not limited to keynotes, presentations, lightning talks, addresses,
mailing list posts and forums, is subject to this code of conduct and
thus may not contain: * sexual or violent imagery; * exclusionary
language; * insults or ad-hominem attacks.
     == Be aware == We ask everyone to be aware that we will not
tolerate intimidation, harassment, or any abusive, discriminatory or
derogatory behaviour by anyone at any event or online.
     If the subject matter of the presentation cannot be presented
adequately without including language that could be considered
offensive, this should be pointed out in advance, at the beginning of
the talk and in the schedule.
     If presenters are unsure whether their material is suitable, they
are encouraged to show it to the conference’s speaker liaison or mailing
list/forum moderators before their session.
     == All participants, including event attendees and speakers must
not engage in any intimidation, harassment, or abusive or discriminatory
behaviour.
     Complaints can be made to the organisers by contacting the meeting
organiser, or mailing list/forum moderators by contacting the relevant
email addresses.
     Sometimes this means we need to work harder to ensure we're
creating an environment of trust and respect where all who come to
participate feel comfortable and included.}

https://www.online-utility.org/english/readability_test_and_improve.jsp
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/