[clug] Member Moderation - Bryan Kilgallin

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 3 23:21:15 UTC 2019

On 4/7/19 12:14 am, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> We've had an unfortunate few days on the list, so in an effort to move
> forward with a more Linux-related discussion, I have requested the
> mailing list admins apply a moderation flag to Bryan Kilgallin's email
> address. Emails from Bryan will be held in a queue, and where the post
> positively contributes to an ongoing discussion, they will be released
> through to the list.
>
> To be balanced in this effort,  I have also sought volunteers from a
> selection of active list members to assist with the moderation of the
> email list.
>
> To help limit this from re-occurring in future, I've also done a first
> pass at a Code of Conduct for CLUG. This can be found online at
> https://gitlab.com/clug-au/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CodeOfConduct,
> and feedback is welcome.
>
> This document  is not an attempt to exclude people from meetings. It is,
> however, a guide that everyone can use to gauge what is acceptable
> behavior, both on the list and in our monthly face to face meetings.
>
> It is intended to be a living document and in an effort to be as open
> around this process as we can be, please send any edit suggestions to
> the list for discussion, and if the general consensus is they positively
> contribute to the CoC document and to the community, they'll be
> incorporated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve and others for sticking your necks out on this.

I think it needed to be done (although perhaps I am not as aware of the
problem as I don't see his e-mails, only the various occasional

CodeOfConduct is a good idea - starting to make CLUG look almost like
a real grown-up group... (oh yeah, we would need a constitution and AGMs
and a committee and a bank account and ... to be a real grown-up group).

cheers,
Bob Edwards.