[clug] USB to RS232 DB9 Adapter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 6 11:53:47 UTC 2019

Thanks Paul:

> For a moment there I thought he meant RHEL 8 - that's based on a 4.18 kernel.

I was going by the driver directory names.

{
That folder contained these directories:
     * "Redhat8";
     * "Redhat9"; and
     * "Redhat73".
}
https://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2019-August/037636.html

> I think Steve's on the right track - it's entirely possible that Linux already
> supports it.  You should see a /dev/ttyUSB0 (or higher numbered) device in the
> /dev/ directory and be able to use the usual tools such as minicom from there.

Yes, ttyUSB0 is there.

Synaptic Package Manager shows that cutecom, minicom and sympathy are
available. And Ubuntu Software lists gtkterm and moserial.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/