[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 3 09:34:08 UTC 2018

Randall wrote:

 >> Just add yourself to the cdrom group.
 >>
 >> # sudo usermod -G cdrom <username>
 >>
 >> Logout and back in and try again.

 > Or....
 > gpasswd -a <username> cdrom

 > (no need to reboot or log backin.

 > To do a similar thing with bashrc changes:-
 > source ~/.bashrc
 > (will make changes to ~/.bashrc without the need to log out and log
 > back in).

With my laptop, I did both the usermod and gpasswd fixes as above. But
not the bash one, as I use the fish shell. And the laptop's group file
now includes "cdrom:x:24:<username>".

Again (with the laptop), I tried writing the Backup folder (from a micro
flash card) onto the blank CD-ROM. But again I got the error that
cdrecord wasn't permitted to open the device, and I should modify K3B's
device settings.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/