[clug] Updated version of VICI

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 14 04:18:06 UTC 2018

Hi Brenton,

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 09:45:15PM +1000, linux wrote:

> I put up 0.10.714 this afternoon. I think it might be quite close to
> being a standard build process.
>
> I have used the DESTDIR trick to handle the sub-project separation
> problem - doing a "make" also does a sneaky "make install" into a
> staging directory so that the sub-projects can access each others header
> files and libraries. The secondary aim with the VICI project was to
> illustrate building very large projects where the sub-projects are built
> entirely independently of each other (apart from some infrastructure and
> scaffolding).
>
> Have you been able to create and run a script ?
> (I find it a useful way of wrapping a bash script into a GUI.)
>
> Cheers
> Brenton

I downloaded and built 0.10.714 but even after export VICI=$PWD, make -i check
is not running as well as it used to:

The VICI GTH Test screen (with cat/rm/ls/grep) just sits there.

Likewise the Syntax Test screen.

The admin test fails. test-suite.log says "Exception: Alert: Cannot open XML
file "/usr/src/admin/command.xml": No such file or directory [xml.cpp:89]".

The search test fails. Message is "Alert: Cannot find a file matching
/VICI-CONFIG/config/Tags/path [xini.cpp:271]". ln -s . build doesn't fix this
any more.

Both interpreter tests fail. This is the full test-suite.log:

>    vici 0.10: TestProgram/test-suite.log
>
> # TOTAL: 2
> # PASS:  0
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  2
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> FAIL: interptest
>
> Using config: ../interpreter.xml
> Testing encountered an unrecoverable error: Alert: Cannot find a file matching /VICI-CONFIG/Test/libvici/script [xini.cpp:271]interptest completed with errors
>
> FAIL: scriptest
>
> Using config: ../interpreter.xml
> Exception: Alert: Cannot find a file matching /VICI-CONFIG/Test/vici-scripts/script [xini.cpp:271]

Cheers ... Duncan.