[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Fri May 4 01:17:56 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-05-04 at 00:27 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Hey Brenton:
>
>  >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocratato-vici/
>  >
>  > The options available are a bit restricted by SourceForge - I have the
>  > choice of "None", "Wiki", "Tickets" or "Discussion".
>  > This option is really for the support of other developers that want to
>  > work on VICI's development.
>
>  > User help is provided from VICI's home page
>  > https://ocratato-vici.sourceforge.io/
>  > There are two links to that page on the SourceForge page, and there is
>  > also a link to it from the "Help | About VICI" menu on the programs.
>
> On your sourceforge.net page, I could only find this link to your
> sourceforge.io page. And it does not say at all that it's for user help!
> {Follow vici
>
> vici Web Site}

The other link is in the "External Links" menu on the SourceForge page.

> Whereas on this sourceforge.net page, clicking the "Help" tab--merely
> explains that SourceForge.net is a hosting provider!

I have no control over SourceForge's design - personally I think its a
mess.

> You have lost me. On your sourceforge.net page--I cannot find a menu on
> programs, in which to search for help about VICI. I have seen clearer mud!

That menu is on the VICI programs (the ones we are trying to build). It
will be visible to the users of the programs.

> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

You seem to be conflating the process of developing the programs (which
is what SourceForge is about) with usage of the resulting programs.

I would value your comments on the user guide. However, please remember
that it is still under development, and that I am not a professional
technical writer - be gentle with your comments.

Cheers
Brenton