[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu May 3 08:18:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 06:52 +0000, Andrew Janke via linux wrote:

> > Brenton:
> > I applaud your tenacity with this. It's often not easy to try to tick
> > all the boxes for everyone with a solo effort, so congratulations for
> > getting out there and actually giving it a go.
>
> Indeed and +1.
>
> It's often a thankless and scary task to release what you have done to the
> wild.  The expectations around (free) support are sometimes interesting to
> deal with as well, so be sure to take a reality check on this from time to
> time regarding what you can and can't do and draw boundaries. Although
> seems you are doing this pretty well already.
>
> ta

Thanks for both of those comments.

Often developers will do most of the work in private and release
something when they are happy with it.

This project has been done in public from its inception.
A full history can be seen here:
https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?298342-VICI-A-Software-Development-Project

It is often helpful for new developers to see that mistakes are part of
the process. Don't expect to get it right on the first attempt.

I have just put up a new version, but it just consolidates what we have
learnt over the last few days.

Cheers
Brenton