[clug] dstat

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 29 12:18:57 UTC 2018

Thanks, Brenton:

> However, I suspect that the values are compiled from the data in
> /proc/stat and therefore that last two are "wait" (time waiting for
> I/O) and "stolen" (time spent in other virtual machines).

I am now given to understand that the percentages are of processes
(number of little programs?), rather than time.

I wonder what is the distinction between idle and waiting? Idle is not
waiting for I/O, like a timer?

{The output above indicates:

     CPU stats: cpu usage by a user (usr) processes, system (sys)
processes, as well as the number of idle (idl) and waiting (wai) processes,}

https://www.tecmint.com/dstat-monitor-linux-server-performance-process-memory-network/
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/