[clug] Future of CLUG main meetings

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Jun 26 01:01:47 UTC 2017

On 06/26/2017 10:36 AM, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:
> No one has yet come forward with any proposals for future talks at CLUG,
> so I'll default come in and propose a talk-fest on privacy-enhancing
> Linux distros for August, unless anyone does want to propose something
> different. Preceded by BeerSIG, of course.

I've had a "introduction to GIT" talk I've been threatening SteveH with
for a while, but couldn't mesh calendars. I'm not available in
September, so if you're happy to bump the privacy-fest to September
28th, I can give my talk on Git on the 24th August Meeting.

Going forward, I think pushing CLUG to a quarterly meeting may be
better, we can have beersig every month, and the monster christmas
beer-sig in December, but having a meeting every February, May, August
and November may be a better way to run it until Monthly interest returns.