[clug] Future of CLUG main meetings

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 26 01:24:49 UTC 2017

On 26/06/17 11:01, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> On 06/26/2017 10:36 AM, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:
>> No one has yet come forward with any proposals for future talks at CLUG,
>> so I'll default come in and propose a talk-fest on privacy-enhancing
>> Linux distros for August, unless anyone does want to propose something
>> different. Preceded by BeerSIG, of course.
>
> I've had a "introduction to GIT" talk I've been threatening SteveH with
> for a while, but couldn't mesh calendars. I'm not available in
> September, so if you're happy to bump the privacy-fest to September
> 28th, I can give my talk on Git on the 24th August Meeting.

+1 - sounds great. Don't forget to mention who "git" _really_ refers to!

> Going forward, I think pushing CLUG to a quarterly meeting may be
> better, we can have beersig every month, and the monster christmas
> beer-sig in December, but having a meeting every February, May, August
> and November may be a better way to run it until Monthly interest returns.

My revision of your proposal: what if we go bi-monthly for now? You
do git in August and we can do the privacy-fest in October?

We'll assume that there will be a BeerSIG, by default, at 6pm at the
Wig & Pen before each such meeting.

Whether or not to have BeerSIG on the "off" months, I'll leave to
others to determine. Someone might propose a BeerSIG followed by a
PizzaSIG, for example...

cheers,

Bob Edwards.