[clug] Future of CLUG main meetings

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 26 00:36:05 UTC 2017

On 25/06/17 22:50, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Hello Bryan
>
> On 23/06/17 22:09, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux wrote:
>> Bob has given a month's notice to vacate that venue for regular meetings.
>
> What was said was
>
> 'Now is the time to come forward and propose future talks for CLUG main
> meetings, such as a beginners workshop etc., or, I suggest, we may need
> to start discussing shutting it all down.'
>
> I think it's a little bit presumptuous for you to start the public
> declarations that CLUG has, and will, cease to exist.

Thanks for clarifying that, Steve.

No one has yet come forward with any proposals for future talks at CLUG,
so I'll default come in and propose a talk-fest on privacy-enhancing
Linux distros for August, unless anyone does want to propose something
different. Preceded by BeerSIG, of course.

Tony (the one who attends CLUG monthly meetings) has indicated an
interest in talking about using Tails and another distro that I am
unfamiliar with (and can't remember the name of...).

I'll discuss Whonix and also how and why to set up a VPN on a private
(Linux/Debian) VPS in a cross-border location (how do you spell
meta-data?).

Anyone want to update us on QubeOS, or other?

cheers,

Bob Edwards.