[clug] low power device for VPN end point

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Tue Jan 10 02:10:20 UTC 2017

I've found openVPN to be quite good. Taking about 20-30MB on the server
with about 200+ connections and 2-5MB on the client side. Some of that
difference may be due to the server being 64 bit while the client is 32
bit. The CPU load on both system is not noticeable, but these machines
aren't doing sustained high network traffic. Having said that high
network traffic hasn't caused any issues with the VPN other bottle necks
cause problems first.

Jeff.