[clug] low power device for VPN end point

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Tue Jan 10 01:17:52 UTC 2017

One user, maybe occasionally two or three.  The Atom performance on the
CheckBoxes is impressive, but pricey, starting at US$1000.  Are there
homebrew Atom units>  I can see some on AliExpress that are based on
Atom Z3735, and booting to Windows and Android, for home media centre
stuff.  A quick googling around says that installing Linux onto Bay
Trail architecutre (the Z3735) might not work.

Also, I'm struggling to find a simple benchmark shootout between ARM and
Atom, even to find if they're in the same ballpark.  Not sure why.

Tony