[clug] an idea for CLUG tomorrow

Bryan Kilgallin (laptop) kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 26 11:54:53 UTC 2017

Thanks, Steven:

> I was contacted by a recruiter who is keen to speak for a few minutes about
> Linux jobs he sees on the market in Canberra and skills with Linux there
> seems to be a demand for.

That is way too sophisticated for me!

> Initially this could just be a little commercial sounding, however it occurs
> to me it could be a good intro to a round table.

My job is retirement. So managing my own setup is what I do with Ubuntu.

> Maybe after hearing what he has to say others at the meeting can talk about
> Linux thigns they do in their day job.

I am currently phasing out a 32 bit box running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

> When have you used Linux, have you manged to introduxce Linxu to solve
> somehting interesting.

I use Ubuntu (12.04 LTS and 16.04 LTS) daily.

> Has Linux always been a part of your work, in what
> ways to Linux skills come in to play in your work.

Not at all--it's an innovation of the last few years.

> Get up and tell others there about it and see if any ideas cross polinate
> (seeing how others use Linux at work may solve something for you)

I am a home user.

> What do you all reckon?

"Employment"--does not allow for occupation:retired!

> Sound like something worth discussing?

Linux for retirees would be more my deal.

> Bob has used Linux for his work since CLUG began, other people not so much,
> however I think there is scope for this discussion even if there are only 10
> people at CLUG.

What people use Linux for, is more the go for me.
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/