[clug] Desktop Environments - Thursday 2016-05-26 19:00

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu May 26 06:57:51 UTC 2016

All

My apologies, even more ball dropping. I only just got home to try and get
some prep work for a course I am doing on Saturday done tonight.  My car [0]
is still at the mechanics getting a service with some complications (which
took some time to chase up just now).  I need to finish this course prep
(which may take 2 hours) and can not drive in so will have to skip CLUG.

Bob will not be there opening, however he has Kunshan Wang opening and
closing the room for the meeting tonight so please thank Kunshan for their
time and effort.

I am sure you can all work out pizza logistics (online order and pickup at
the nearby civic store) easily.

Have fun and enjoy the beers those of you who make it to beer sig too.

	See You
	    Steve

[0] yes I own one and use it from time to time

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 08:03:49PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:
> Dropped the ball a bit not even trying to chase up a talk this month. I
> think the idea of a round table and possible presentation from various
> people of how they use the linux desktop has some popularity and was delayed
> from last month.
>
> Can someone please volunteer on the list to bring some plastic cups for
> drink consumption with the pizzas. You will be reimbursed.
>
> See below, 18:00 at Wig and Pen for BeerSig
> 19:00 at N101 for CLUG.
>
>   Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 26th May 2016
>   ==================================================
>
>   Date:          26th May 2016 (Fourth Thursday of the month)
>
>   =================================================
>
>   Time:         18:00 - 18:55
>
>   Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
>                 'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
>                 gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
>                 like minded people and share a social pint
>                 or two before the meeting.
>
>   Location:     Wig and Pen, Llewellyn Hall, Canberra School of Music
>                 Look for the table with a stuffed toy penguin
>
>   =================================================
>
>   Time:         19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
>   Speaker:      Various
>
>   Abstract:     Desktop environments in linux, examples and usage
>
>   Anything else that pops up can come up for discussion.
>
>   Venue:        Room N101
>                 Computer Science and Information Technology Building
>                 North Road
>                 The Australian National University
>
>                 See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map
>
>   Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
>                 about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
>                 want some.
>
> --
> Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
> some people wear their heart up on their sleeve
> i wear mine underneath my right pant leg strapped to my boot
> don't think cause i'm easy i'm naive, don't think i won't pull it out
> don't think i won't shoot
>    Out Of Me - Dilate - Ani
>
> --

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
sitting in the boardroom, the i'm-so-bored room
listening to the suits talk about their world
   Blood In The Boardroom - Puddle Dive - Ani