[clug] Eclipse, Python, Java

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun May 31 23:17:22 MDT 2015

    Mike,

I have an interest in a project called OpenMeetings (which I think
required Java), and currently I would like to learn Python language,
and what you can do with python.

I looked at a few YouTube videos, but staying awake is an issue.  Can
you recommend any good ones ?

My laptop current runs Debian Jessie XFCE so I installed eclipse,
eclipse-cdt, eclipse-subclipse, subversion, sellarium, and pydev (via
eclipse).

I was then able to do the usual print("Hello World") in Eclipse and
Python.   Now I would like to learn the language, maybe a physical
book would be best for me, not sure. Will try a few more videos first
as book stores don't seem to bother to stock IT books anymore and I
have yet to master the concept of "ordering", except with it comes to
sort algorithms.

 How to set up Python on Eclipse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ftMtGiJz8 (no)

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/FAQ#What_is_Mylyn.3F

http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html

http://blog.mxunit.org/2010/02/why-mylyn-is-indispensible.html

Python Programming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mEzFDjqtA

A hands-on introduction to Python for beginning programmers (for
Windows and PyCharm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkx5_MRAV3A

Python 1 Getting Started with Eclipse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hido-FZKg

Python Development with PyDev and Eclipse - Tutorial
http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/Python/article.html
The name Python is based on the TV show called Monty Python's Flying
Circus. During execution the Python source code is translated into
bytecode which is then interpreted by the Python interpreter. Python
source code can also run on the Java Virtual Machine, in this case you
are using Jython.

http://showmedo.com/
http://www.kegel.com/minecraft/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQi-L-_chcc

Python from Scratch - Lesson 1 - Getting Started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8GpOeecPuU
Python from Scratch - Lesson 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j1Wjk1ExSw
Python from Scratch - Lesson 3