[clug] Keyboard Oddness

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Wed May 20 07:06:11 MDT 2015

Jeff:

> - All keys on the keyboard work when using LOWER case
> - When using the LEFT hand shift key the A, B and N keys produce nothing,
> all other keys behave as expected with the LEFT shift key
> - When using the RIGHT shift key, all keys work as expected, including the
> A, B and N keys
> - When using CAPS Lock, all keys work as expected.

I agree with Andrew; it seems to be a hardware fault.

I had something like that happen with an old DOS palmtop. Jiggling
(removing and reinserting the PCMCIA 2 card) would temporarily fix it.
But that never was satisfactory.

I had a PC keyboard that I had spilt liquid too many times into, go
awry. Taking the thing apart and cleaning it helped (fixed the issue).
The little rubbery bits were tweaky to get back into place!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/