[clug] Photo management?

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Tue Dec 22 14:26:52 UTC 2015

    I am pleased that Chris asked this question.

I had not as yet looked for a photo manager application.  Both
Shotwell and Darktable seem to be quite good, thanks for your
suggestions.

 Darktable looks quite sophisticated. I would like to have a camera
that does Tethering.

http://scribblesandsnaps.com/linux-tools-for-serious-photographers/
Setting up a photographic workflow is unthinkable without an
application that can help you to import, process, and organize photos.
While there are several such applications available on Linux
(Rawstudio [1], Darktable [2], RawTherapee [3], etc.), digiKam
[4] makes a sensible choice for a number of reasons.

More inclined to go with Darktable; also looking at Aftershot Pro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_image_viewers

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/08/a-beginners-tour-of-shotwell-ubuntu’s-new-photo-manager

http://www.darktable.org/about/features/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darktable

https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/750195-how-to-remote-control-your-camera-with-darktable-on-linux-

https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch04.html.php

http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Roadmap

GIMP 3.2

The focus of this release is going to be on non-destructive editing.
Note that both adjustment layers and layer effects/styles are the
terminology currently used in requests by users. We haven't yet
assessed, how exactly non-destructive editing is going to be
implemented.