[clug] Linux GUI prog to test latex

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Mon Apr 20 19:01:48 MDT 2015

I tried lyx ages ago and didn't care for it much.

I just want something when I'm writing raw latex in a text editor and
want to check that the line-noise I'm producing for some mathematical
formula is ok or just that line needs fixing.

\frac{1}{e^{i \pi}+1

is missing a closing brace if you have a dozen of such tracking down
the error is painful, cut and paste it at www.texrendr.com and it
renders it for you and shows you that you need to fix it, localising
the errors.

Why not just fix latex error messages? Yes hahahahaha indeed.
Something about wizard's hat and robe...