[clug] Linux GUI prog to test latex

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:09:45 MDT 2015

On 21 April 2015 at 11:01, Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner.info> wrote:
> I tried lyx ages ago and didn't care for it much.
>
> I just want something when I'm writing raw latex in a text editor and
> want to check that the line-noise I'm producing for some mathematical
> formula is ok or just that line needs fixing.
>
> \frac{1}{e^{i \pi}+1

I don't know which editor you use, but rainbow delimiters helps with
this: http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/toward-balanced-and-colorful-delimiters.html
(which again requires Emacs :p)

(And I remembered the name of the other package wrong: it's
preview-latex; looking for pretty-latex gives you porn results :s)

Anyway, this might give you some pointers as to where to look:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/43652/standalone-latex-editor-renderer-for-windows

Or you might be able to hack together something based upon this:
https://dominichosler.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/script-to-generate-standalone-latex-equations/