[clug] Apology

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:55:31 MDT 2014

On 31/10/14 07:54, steve jenkin wrote:
> I’m sorry that I fed the troll contributed to bombarding your inboxes
> with useless chatter and low-grade noise of the last 6 days. I
> counted 125+ messages in the thread.
>
> Initially I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but ended up taking
> the bait and causing you all grief.
>
> Have added a mailbox rule to sideline them, so I won’t get
> distracted, and in turn won’t waste your time.
>
> I’m very sad at this, it’s the first time I’ve had to do this on
> CLUG.
>
> Again, my apologies for wasting your bandwidth.
>
> -- Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design 0412 786 915 (+61 412 786
> 915) PO Box 48, Kippax ACT 2615, AUSTRALIA
>
> mailto:sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin

One of my primary reasons for posting to lists is to *try* and improve
my writing skills at "promoting diversity of opinion to enhance
community" while contributing to the pool of technical knowledge of the
subjects under discussion. I've learnt many things in the process -
chiefly my own ignorance and limitations. :/
That said... I (mostly) agree with Steve's sentiments. However I'm
reluctant to conclude that Bryan deliberately aims at causing offence.

Kind regards

--
"The victim that receives sympathy then feigns further distress, wanting
for more, shall receive only contempt" John Huxley