[clug] sipwitch peer-to-peer VOIP server

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 16 02:18:09 MDT 2014

Hi list,

I'm interested in learning about peer-to-peer VOIP. That is VOIP that
does not involve a third party provider. Note I'm not doing this for
reasons of security, merely performance and of course cheapness so I'd
be happy to accept a lot of default settings. Ultimately I'd like to be
able to do conference calls between up to six people but that would not
be a primary objective.

I've installed sipwitch 1.6.1 from the Mint 17 repositories and have
read
<http://www.gnutelephony.org/index.php/Howto_Deploy_SIP_Witch_On_Ubuntu>

The general impression I get is that this is not a very active project
but if it works with out too much grief then that ok with me.

Does anyone on the list have any experience with this or an equivalent
system?

All advise welcome.

Thanks.