[clug] Dimmable LED downlights for home automation

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Mon Jun 16 03:14:52 MDT 2014

Has anyone got any recommendations for LED downlights that are dimmable
(via PWM) on the DC side?

Most with "dimmable" drivers seem to want it on the AC side via phase
control and are trailing edge. I have some M-Elec B12 lights that I can
PWM on the DC side if plugged into a constant voltage PSU, but the smart
driver they come with (which has variable voltage) causes flicker.

I can pick a different LED or buy some replacement drivers, but thought
I'd see if anyone here had some suggestions.

Thanks,
-c