[clug] Fedora 20 Network Manager or simple network service

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Sat Jun 14 03:35:08 MDT 2014

On 14/06/14 12:43, Paul wrote:
> I only have 2 Ethernet devices at the moment.
> is there a dis/advantage to use NM now or in the future?

I don't think you'll gain anything useful using the old network service,
plus NetworkManager is more integrated with systemd so I'd use it.

NM also writes your global network configuration to the same files as
the network service (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/) now so you can
configure network interfaces the old way and use them with NetworkManager.

-c