[clug] MFP Printers

Carlo Hamalainen carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net
Sun Dec 28 15:40:12 MST 2014

On 29/12/14 08:14, Neill Cox wrote:
> I ended up going with the Fuji-Xerox (based on the criteria that it was the
> one Officeworks had in stock) and have been pleasantly surprised at how
> easy it's been to setup.

I also bought a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C305df, $399 at Officeworks. I was
pleasantly surprised to find that I can print off a USB stick (using the
little LCD screen to navigate the file system and choose a PDF) and scan
straight to USB. I plugged it in (via USB cable) to my partner's
Debian/testing laptop (xmonad/MATE desktop) and it works straight away,
no setup required. Was able to change single-sided/double-sided and so on.

In contrast, my old HP Officejet 6500 is refusing to recognise all of
the new ink cartridges that I put in it and is effectively bricked. So
frustrating.

-- Carlo