[clug] MFP Printers

Neill Cox neill at ace-hosting.com.au
Sun Dec 28 15:14:48 MST 2014

Dear All,

Thanks very much for the advice!

I ended up going with the Fuji-Xerox (based on the criteria that it was the
one Officeworks had in stock) and have been pleasantly surprised at how
easy it's been to setup.

Printing worked automagically, scan to email was 2 minutes to setup, scan
to network is waiting on me getting a fileserver working.

Cheers,
Neill

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 December 2014 at 07:27, Chris Smart <clug at christophersmart.com>
> wrote:
> > "To protect sensitive information, the [Fuji Xerox] DocuPrint C305
> > Series encrypts data sent over networks using both SSL and Ipsec data
> > encryption."
> >
> > Anyone tried that?
>
> Not I. But from a look around and a dig in the printer options for OSX
> and Linux I find no such option. Perhaps it's enabled by default.
>
> I'm guessing wireshark is needed at this point to test but haven't.

> --

Neill Cox
Ace Hosting