[clug] [OT] Re: how to use traceroute (now: iinet performance)

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Aug 18 21:51:59 MDT 2014

Paul,

Great Story. It belongs on a “High Praise” wall.
If only Telstra had one… Such a cheap, simple way to collect positive stories. Great PR against ’The Evil Empire’, sorely needed…

 - the Tech was genuinely concerned for your outcome
 - he kept thinking about your fault on his own time
 - he exhibited great problem solving skills,
     thought “outside the box” and
     came up with a testable theory, with a quick, simple fix [that was the test]

Techs like that should be publicly acknowledged and thanked.
If Telstra increased the number of people like this and decreased the “time servers” and “paint by numbers” crowd, they’d start to have a good reputation, which shows up on the bottom line.

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)

mailto:sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin