[clug] Story: Fijian Resort (now Ubuntu issues with Dell Optiplex 960)

Paul Rands lists at paulrands.com
Wed Aug 6 05:33:23 MDT 2014

Here we go for round 2.

On 6 Aug 2014, at 7:14 pm, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry. Not received. It may be stripped out by the list manager.
>
> Try posting it at http://paste.debian.net/ or similar (if you wouldn't
> mind) and post the link.

http://paste.debian.net/113926

For the record, there are 2 LCDs attached to the computer, and I get the same video issue with single or dual displays.

> Thanks for your patience, I guess that's enough hardware and OS
> information (apart from the X log). The log 'should' show what the
> graphics system is trying to do - and where it's failing.

I really want to make this work, because I can see the potential, and really would like to lower my computing costs, and also stop myself being locked into a company’s walled business model.